Now the project has heen completed, the testing phase needed to take over actual coding of the program, to make sure that both server and client ends of the project work in syncronisation to achieve a sound experience on both levels. To test the project, a number of potential users were selected to be able to test the app.
The tests which were made are the ones detailed below:
- Creation of a new user on the Database and test login on client app.
- Resetting the password for a user.
- Creation of a new event and inspiriational quote in the Database end and its view on the client app.
- Creation of a new group chat, making sure chat log is sychronised across all devices.
- Checking the notification on different devices once an event is nearing.
- Checking access to the TiBi facebook page.
- Checking that an email is sent to the correct address when providing feedback.
- Checking that the location of the selected event is viewed correctly on the map.
1. Creation of a new user on the database and test login credentials on the app
Here, we created a new user on the database first of all. All user detials will be handled by a user who is familiar with the phpMyAdmin interface, and therefore will be using it as the main backend interface. For this reason, for the time being, there will be no need to develop a backoffice online interface. If the need rises, this will be developed later.
The test has been successful.
2. Resetting a password for a user
This test was meant to ensure that the update statement included in the resseting of the password works correctly. The user Abigail Muscat had her password reset, through the front end as follows:
This test was also successful.
3. Creation of a new event and inspiriational quote in the Database end and its view on the app.
For this test, we made sure that the app would extract the daily inspirational message from the database and parse it to be shown to the users on the screen.
Here again, the test was successful.
4. Creation of a new group chat, making sure chat log is sychronised across all devices.
For the fourth test, we needed to make sure that the chat application was being syncronised among all devices, and that each device received the group messages in a timely manner. This test failed for the reason that the code used to call the webservice was depreciated, and is not anymore supported. Therefore the fragment itself could not build.
For this reason, we have decided to pull out this part of the project from the application and research the capabilities of building a chat screen as part of our application, which will be released in future updates to the app. It was also decided that if this feature were to be developed in the future, then the requirements would include giving each group chat particular subjects, giving this feature the idea of a forum, rather that a simple chat feature.